Resources for Teaching
New Teachers - University Credits from BTSA Program
Induction units can be found on ncsoe.org.
North Coast School of Education partners with three universities: UOP, HSU and Simpson U. Each university has a different price and number of units available.
* HSU is most popular university participants use because it's least expensive. They offer 3 units per semester for the Candidate and 2 units for the Mentor. The cost is $50 per unit with a $25 late fee if they register after the semester closes. Registration is typically open during the semesters and units are available up to one year after program year completion. However, HSU is in the process of changing their registration system and we do not yet know how that will affect our participants.
* UOP offers 4 units per semester for both the Candidate and Mentor at $200 a semester. They do not charge a late fee. Units are available only after semester completion and for only one year.
* Simpson U offers 3 units per semester for both the Candidate and Mentor at $175 per semester. Units are only available after semester completion for a short time. See their website for deadline restrictions.
October is ADHD Awareness Month
Here's How You can Help Students
- Let them fidget
- Engage them in active learning
- Bring novelty into your lesson plan
- Promote positive teacher-student rapport
- Take your teaching outdoors
- Use interactive technology
- Allow students to make choices
- Share stress management techniques
- Provide physical activity breaks
- Integrate arts into your lessons
OER-High quality, standards-aligned Open Educational Resources (OER)